This post will focus on Nigeria to UK relocation and migration as moving to UK is a dream for many young Nigerians especially professionals.
If you are looking to find the easiest ways of relocating from Nigeria to UK, this article will be helpful.
The bilateral relationship between Nigeria and UK is very healthy and strong.
This is owing to certain factors which includes the fact that Nigeria is former colony of UK and both countries are members of common wealth of nations.
Annually, many Nigerians migrate and relocate to UK either in search of greener pastures or for academics.
Poor economy, insecurity are two of the major factors that is promoting high migration of Nigerians to UK.
The trend keeps rising as more young Nigerians keep heading to the United Kingdom.
In this post, we will discuss the easiest ways and options one can explore to migrate or relocate from Nigeria to UK.
It is easy to relocate from Nigeria to UK when you are better informed and if you’re able to meet the requirements for Nigerians to relocate or migrate to UK.
How to Migrate To UK From Nigeria Easy & Fast
In this segment of the article, we will properly discuss and review available visa options for Nigerians wishing migrate to United Kingdom.
Here is cheap ways of relocating from Nigeria to UK.
It is important to note that unlike ECOWAS nations which is visa free for Nigerians, UK visit and migration is not visa free for Nigerians.
Visa is a major requirement and conditions for a Nigerian to relocate or move to United Kingdom.
These are some of the easy ways to migrate to UK from Nigeria.
Migrate To UK From Nigeria On A Student Visa
United Kingdom visa for international students which is called A Tier 4 visa is one of the easiest ways to migrate to UK from Nigeria.
If you do not have a job offer, spouse or family in UK, this is best available visa option for a Nigerian to relocate to UK.
Available data shows that between 2019 and 2023, the number of Nigerian students studying in UK universities grew by over 100%.
It is the most popular and easy means of moving to United Kingdom from Nigeria.
Requirements For UK Student Visa in Nigeria
Below are some of the major requirements to secure UK Student’s Visa in Nigeria.
- The Nigerian candidate has been accepted into a full-time educational program in the United Kingdom.
- Unless he or she is a government-sponsored student, the candidate must study B2 level English from the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- The candidate must be able to financially support himself or herself in terms of tuition and living expenses in the UK.
- The applicant must demonstrate that he or she will not be reliant on government funds.
- After finishing the course, the candidate must plan to return to Nigeria.
- The applicant must be able to communicate in English.
Migrate To The UK From Nigeria On A Work Visa
This is another legal avenue to migrate to UK from Nigeria that is easy.
A lot of Nigerian professionals especially health workers and IT professionals have easily secure sponsorship offer from UK to come and reside as well as work in the UK.
This is one of the easiest ways of relocating to UK from Nigeria especially among health workers like Nurses, medical doctors,pharmacists etc.
This type of visa to UK is known as Tier 2 visa.
Requirement For a UK Work Visa in Nigeria
There are certain conditions and requirements which qualifies one and makes him or her eligible for UK work visa.
- General category: for highly qualified overseas employees who fulfill specified qualifying criteria.
- ICT category: which is only available to existing workers who are working in another country but need to transfer to a UK division of their firm.
- Sportpersons category: is reserved for well-known international athletes and competent coaches.
- Minister of Religion category: Targeted at foreign religious workers.
Migrate to UK from Nigeria on UK Spouse Visa
Another easy way to move into UK from Nigeria is to have your spouse reside in UK either permanently or temporaly.
Upon submission of evidence of marriage, UK grants express visa for spouse of those living in their country.
Many Nigerians has explored this option to migrate from Nigeria to UK.
Here are Some Requirements For a UK Spousal Visa For Nigerians
If you meets this conditions in Nigeria, then you have qualified for UK spouse visa from Nigeria.
- You and your partner are both at least 18 years old.
- You must be married or in a legally recognized civil partnership in the United Kingdom.
- Your sponsor must be a British citizen or a permanent resident of the United Kingdom.
- Before getting married, you must have met in person at least once.
- For the last two years, you must have been living together.
- You can apply for a Fiancé Visa if you and your spouse are not married but plan to get married in the UK once you arrive from Nigeria.