Best Schools of Nursing in Anambra State
Nursing is one of the most studied medical courses in Nigeria. Coming of early missionaries helped in establishment of some of top performing hospitals in Anambra State.
Aside from the two major teaching hospitals in Anambra State, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital and Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Teaching Hospital, most top mission owned hospitals in the state run medical academic programs especially in Nursing and midwifery.
Best and approved schools of nursing in Anambra state will be talked about in this publication.
Nursing is one of few medical courses in Nigeria with high employability chances.
Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) is the body mandated by Law to regulate the standards of Nursing and Midwifery Education and Practice in Nigeria.
In Nigeria, there are over 250,000 registered Nursing and Midwifery professionals.
In Anambra State, there are over 12 accredited schools of Nursing, post basic nursing, midwifery and departments of nursing.
These nursing academic institutions can be found at various top and popular hospitals in the state offering various nursing and midwifery programs.
Anambra state is one of the best places to study nursing and midwifery as the state government has invested and supported the sector very highly especially during the past administration under ANIDS.
All nursing schools in Anambra state boost of having decent infrastructures and quality facilities.
Also, the cost of studying nursing and midwifery in the state is not as expensive as obtained in some other Nigerian states which makes Anambra state one of the best places to study such highly sought-after medical course.
In this post, Nigerian Informer will be listing all schools of Nursing and Midwifery in Anambra State.
These academic institutions are all accredited by Federal Ministry of Health, Nigerian University Commission and Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
This article will help guide students who intend to study Nursing or Midwifery in Anambra state on knowing the best and accredited nursing schools in the state.
Nursing Schools In Anambra State, Nigeria
Below is the list of all approved Nursing & Midwifery Schools in Anambra State, Nigeria
- Department of Nursing, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi
- School of Nursing Iyi Enu Hospital, Ogidi
- School of Nursing, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- School of Nursing,Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Ihiala
- School of Nursing, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu
- School of Nursing Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Nkpor
- College of Nursing, Diocesan Hospital, Amichi
- College of Nursing, St. Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha
- School of Basic Midwifery,St. Joseph’s Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu
- School of Basic Midwifery, COOUTH, Nkpor
- School of Post Basic Midwifery,Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Ihiala
- School of Post Basic Midwifery, Holy Rosary Specialist Hospital, Waterside, Onitsha
- School of Basic Midwifery Iyi Enu Hospital, Ogidi