Ranks & Salary in Nigerian Air Force
Nigerian Air Force is the air wing of Nigerian military and armed forces.
If you have ever wondered or is demanding to find out how much Nigeria Airforce officers are paid or the ranks in Nigerian Air force, you will be helped by this blog post.
Nigeria Air Force is highly respected and regarded in the country.
They are known for their bravery and tactical maneuvers from the air. Nigerian Air Force has been instrument in curbing security situations confronting Nigeria.
The duties and roles of Nigeria Air Force is very enormous and this leaves many wondering how much air force officers earn as salaries in Nigeria.
All these and more will form the base of our discourse in this article.
It is also very important to note that information on ranks in Nigerian air force can also be accessed and found in this write up.
All these tips on Nigerian air force salary and ranks makes this post very important for publics especially the Youths who might wish to build career with the Nigerian air force.
Ranks in Nigerian Air Force
Just as obtained in other arms of Nigeria military, Army and Navy, Nigerian air force ranks is well structured, specified, strictly followed and respected.
Ranking in Nigerian air force is adjudged to be in the world best practices.
Also, ranks in Nigerian air force is categorized into commissioned ranks and non commissioned ranks.
Commissioned ranks in Nigerian air force is for senior officers or officials of the force while non commissioned ranks in Nigerian Airforce is ranks among junior air force officers in Nigeria.
Here in this section of the post, we will be presenting Nigerian Air Force ranks.
Ranks in Nigerian Air Force (Commissioned Officers)
Below are the ranks of commissioned officers in the air force otherwise known as ranks of senior officers in Nigerian Airforce.
- Marshal of the Nigerian Air Force
- Air Chief Marshal
- Air Marshal
- Air Vice-Marshal
- Air Commodore
- Group Captain
- Wing Commander
- Squadron Leader
- Flight Lieutenant
- Flying Officer
- Pilot Officer
Ranks in Nigerian Air Force (Non Commissioned Officers)
Below are ranks of junior officers in Nigerian Airforce also known as non commissioned officers of Nigerian Air Force.
- Air Warrant Officer
- Master Warrant Officer
- Warrant Officer
- Flight Sergeant
- Lance – Corporal
- Air Craftman
Nigerian Air Force Salary Structure
Salary of Nigerian Air Force is very attractive and juicy. This is simply because of the enormous job they do.
Information on the pay and salaries of Nigerian Airforce is highly sought-after especially among applicants and youths that wants to join the force.
However, information on the earnings and salaries of Nigerian Air Force is usually classified.
Nevertheless, through investigative journalism and secret sources, we were able to unravel salary of some ranks and positions in Nigerian Air Force.
Salary of Nigerian Air Force
Below are details about the monthly earnings and salary of Nigerian Air Force officers and air force airmen and women.
Air Chief Marshal N1,724,283
Air Marshal N1,486,451
Air Vice-Marshal N1,376,343
Air Commodore N677,895
Group Captain N352,631
Wing Commander N342,586
Squadron Leader N248,004
Flight Lieutenant N232,484
Flying Officer N218,400
Pilot Officer N187,159
Air Warrant Officer N171,793
Master Warrant Officer N165,697
Warrant Officer N101,974
Flight Sergeant N87,119
Air Craftman N53,892
How To Join Nigerian Air Force
Joining the Nigerian Air force is a dream come true for many Nigerian youths.
To Join Nigerian Air Force, applicants must go through a rigorous recruitment and academic exercises.
The only way and easiest way to join air force in Nigeria is to apply during the annual Nigerian Air Force recruitment exercises or through enrolling into Nigerian defence academy.
Annually, Nigerian air force invite application to join the force through different recruitment programs and exercises.
This is where intending applicants has the opportunity to join the Nigerian Air Force.
When is Date for Air Force Recruitment 2021
There are no specified dates and seasons for air force annual recruitment exercises.
Intending applicants are advised to stick and follow Nigerian Air Force official communications channels so as to know when call for application to join air force are made.
Recruitment into Nigerian Airforce is strictly free of charge and applications are only received online.
Requirements for Joining Nigerian Air Force
The requirements for joining the Nigerian Air Force is relative.
It depends on position being applied for. Requirements for Nigerian air force senior ranks and position comes with a different requirements and conditions while requirements for junior position or ranks is as well different.
Nevertheless, there are certain requirements for joining the Nigerian Air Force that is general irrespective of position being applied for.
Requirements for Joining Nigerian Air Force as Graduate
Below is the requirements for enlisting in Nigerian Air Force as senior officer.
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 22 and 35 years, while medical consultants be not more than 40 years of age.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NAF standards.
- Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant character and integrity. These could be by a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the state of the applicant. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Applicants must Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Candidates Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must be free from any disciplinary case (This is to be endorsed by the Commanding Officer/Commander).
- Applicants must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
- Applicants must Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any recognized institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Applicants must Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
Requirements for Joining Nigerian Air Force as a Recruit or Junior Officer
Below are requirements for enlisting into Nigerian Air Force as Airman or Airwoman.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 4 credits in not more than 2 sittings. WASSCE / GCE / NECO / NABTEB. One of the credits must be the English Language.
- Applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres and 1.56 metres tall for male and female applicants respectively.
- Applicants applying as tradesmen women must also possess OND/Trade Test/City and Guild Certificate.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 22 years while Nurses and those on special duty must be between the ages of 18 to 26years.
- Applicants must have a broad chest and no flat foot.
- Most importantly, Applicants must be Nigerian by birth.