Ranks & Salaries in Nigerian Navy
Nigerian Navy is the sea wing of Nigerian military and armed forces. The headquarters of Nigerian navy is situated at Abuja the Nigerian capital.
The armed force has facilities, dock yards and command operations spread across Nigerian cities and states.
Lagos is the headquarters of Nigerian Navy operational commands, with Bayelsa and Calabar housing the remaining two operation commands of Nigerian Navy.
Nigerian Navy is no doubt one of the prides of nation. Most Nigerian youths dream of joining the Nigerian Navy and other armed forces.
In this post, we will be discussing the ranks and salary structure of Nigerian Navy.
Informations on salary and ranks in Nigerian Navy is highly significant especially among applicants that wishes to join the Nigerian Navy.
Also, Ranks and Salaries of Nigerian navy is an information that the public are always seeking to get the knowledge of.
So this makes our article on the subject topic worthwhile.
Specifically, we will be providing various ranks in Nigerian Navy as well as Salary of some officers and ranks in Nigerian Navy.
Ranks in Nigerian Navy
Nigerian Navy Ranks is well structured, specified and strictly followed. This is just as also done in other armed forces like Army and Airforce.
Also, ranks in Nigerian Navy is structured in the world best practices and comes in two categories: commissioned and non commissioned ranks.
Commissioned ranks in Nigerian Navy are ranks for senior officer of Nigerian navy while non commissioned ranks are ranks among junior officers of Nigerian Navy. All these will be provided in this article.
Nigerian Navy Ranks (Commissioned)
Below is the ranks of Nigerian Navy for commissioned officers or senior officers.
- Admiral of the Fleet
- Rear Admiral
- Lieutenant Commander
- Acting Sub-Lieutenant
Nigerian Navy Ranks (Non Commissioned)
Below are ranks of Nigerian Navy for non commissioned officers or junior officers.
- Warrant Chief Petty Officer
- Chief Petty Officer
- Petty Officer
- Leading Rating
- Able Rating
- Ordinary Rating
Nigerian Navy Salary Structure
Nigeria Navy is one of the highest earning armed forces in Nigeria. Salary of Naval officers in Nigeria is highly attractive and huge.
Aside salaries, Nigerian Navy officers also earn very high in allowances. Below are salaries of Nigerian Naval officers.
Salaries of Some Nigerian Navy Position & Ranks
NN Ranks Salaries Per Month
Rear Admiral ₦1,003,245
How To Join Nigeria Navy
There is always high demand and applications to join Nigerian Navy.
The only ways to join Nigerian Navy is through general annual recruitment exercises and through Nigeria Defence Academy. Annually, Nigerian Navy calls for recruitment into the force for different positions, both graduate and non graduate positions.
So interested applicants who wants to join Nigerian Navy will have to stick to Nigerian Navy official communications channels for official announcements and call for applications to join Nigerian Navy.
Applications to join Nigerian Navy are done strictly online and free of charge.
Requirements for Joining Nigerian Navy
Requirements for enlisting in Nigerian Navy is based on the position one is applying for.
Requirements for joining Nigerian Navy as senior officer is slightly different from requirements for joining Navy as junior officer. Nevertheless, there are certain requirements for joining the Nigerian Navy that are constant and static.
Requirements for Joining Nigerian Navy As Graduate
Below are requirements for enlisting in Nigerian Navy as senior officer.
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 22 and 35 years, while medical consultants be not more than 40 years of age.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NN standards.
- Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant character and integrity. These could be by a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the state of the applicant. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Candidates must Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
Candidates Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must be free from any disciplinary case (This is to be endorsed by the Commanding Officer/Commander).
- Applicants must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
- Candidates must Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any recognized institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Applicants must Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
Basic Requirements for Joining Nigerian Navy as Recruit or Junior Officer
Below are requirements for enlisting into Nigerian Navy as junior officer.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 4 credits in not more than 2 sittings. WASSCE / GCE / NECO / NABTEB. One of the credits must be the English Language.
- Candidates must not be less than 1.65 metres and 1.56 metres tall for male and female applicants respectively.
- Candidates applying as tradesmen women must also possess OND/Trade Test/City and Guild Certificate.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 22 years while Nurses and those on special duty must be between the ages of 18 to 26years.
- Applicants must have a broad chest and no flat foot.
- Most importantly, Applicants must be Nigerian by birth.